Breaking News

Pakistan blast at court leaves several dead in Mardan

Pakistani local residents inspect the site of a suicide bomb attack at a district court in Mardan on September 2, 2016

A suicide bomber has attacked a court in the northern Pakistani city of Mardan, killing at least 11 people and injuring nearly 30, officials say.
The attacker threw a hand grenade before running into the court area and detonating a bomb, police told the BBC.
Also on Friday, four suicide bombers targeted a Christian neighbourhood near Peshawar before being shot dead.
Both attacks took place in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, and were claimed by Taliban faction Jamaat-ul-Ahrar.
Militants have targeted lawyers in the past, including a bomb attack in Quetta last month that killed 18 lawyers. That attack was also claimed by Jamaat-ul-Ahrar.
Pakistani police officials inspect the site of a suicide bomb attack at a district court in Mardan on September 2, 2016
Ijaz Khan, deputy inspector general of police for Mardan district, told reporters three lawyers and two police officers were among the dead at the courthouse.
The suicide bomber attempted to reach the court's bar room, where several lawyers had congregated - but was shot by police before he could enter, Mr Khan said.
Pakistani soldiers cordon off a street leading to Christian colony following an attack by suicide bombers on the outskirts of Peshawar on September 2, 2016

No comments